Celebration Eats

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Day 2, 8 Can Taco Soup

First, let me start by saying that if you happened to see me leaving McDonald's today at 6:15 I was just getting a drink, I promise. I had just finished my 9 Round workout and was super thirsty.  With a dollar in my console a Diet Coke was calling my name. 😁

Fast forward 45 minutes and I was pulling in the driveway. In less than 10 minutes dinner was done! That's right, I said 10 minutes.

This recipe is maybe my all time favorite, speedy quick, so you forgot to defrost recipe.  This recipe is one that I consistently make sure I have all the ingredients for.  It is literally heat and eat.

8 Can Taco Soup, Ok 9 Can in my case because I like to double the meat.
credit for this recipe goes to https://www.highheelsandgrills.com/8-can-taco-soup/
Ingredients:
  • 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn, drained
  • 1 (12.5 oz.) can white chicken breast, drained
  • 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
  • 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients together in a large pot.
  2. Heat until warm, stirring occasionally.
  3. Serve with tortilla chips.
I like to offer additional toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. 

The best part about this recipe is that all the ingredients are shelf stable so whether you make it weekly or twice a year, you'll always have the ingredients on hand.  

Truth be told, when I buy the ingredients in advance the tortilla chips might disappear but I've also used corn bread as a side and it's just as delicious.

Now that I've made this, the ingredients will immediately go back on my shopping list for the next crazy busy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 20, Pork Nacho Soup

Pork Nacho Soup This soup was so amazing tonight.  This is a great one to make as planned leftovers allowing yourself to cook once ...